Ok, it seems this whole world is being Shot2Hell! When you look at what’s happening around the world… 84 killed and dozens more injured in Nice, France celebrating Bastille Day… 5 Dallas law enforcement officers gunned down, the Orlando massacre… The list goes on and on. It’s easy to ask what the hell is going on?
Sometimes, you just need to talk to a professional when you need to work through things in your life. Here are some ways a professionally licensed counselor/therapist can help:
- You get a chance to voice your concerns to someone who will actually listen
- A therapist can look at things in a new and different perspective to help provide you with some clarity and insight
- Since all this happens in a comfortable, relaxed and SAFE environment and it’s confidential, you may be more likely to open up and discuss your feelings
- A well trained therapist can reveal patterns that may be harmful to your development that have become routine to you and help you find ways to get you back on the right path
- Counselors can help you realize your past and show how and why it has shaped you into the person you are today and help you make some important decisions and give advice
- A therapist retains a huge advantage because they are impartial and not got up in the big picture and goings on in your life, so they can give an honest and fresh perspective
- A major concern or fear people have is being judged in a negative way. Counseling always is performed in a judgement free zone!
- Sometimes we just seem to get “stuck in a rut” in life and a good counselor can show you how to get your motivation back and get you out of that “rut.”
- Counselors can help individuals or groups that are dealing with grief and traumatic issues in their lives and help start the healing process
- Marriage and couples counseling… That should be mandatory for married couples!!! As Forrest Gump would say, “that’s all I have to say about that.”
All kidding aside, if you or any of your oved ones need any help in any way and you live in the Austin, Texas area… I would to to recommend a wonderful counselor who really can help. His name Russell Kauitzsch. He has years of experience and he can really have a positive impact on your life. You may want to check him out if your life is being Shot2Hell!
Until next time…